I've been waiting...

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Meh.

No phone call today.  Disappointing for sure, but as my agency (and my mother) pointed out, the translation company has 3-5 business days to complete the translations and this is only day 4.  The referrals for my group were scanned and sent to Beijing on Friday afternoon our time, but of course in China that is the middle of the night, so technically they will not have seen them until Monday.  All that being said, it is now Friday morning in China.  Where are they???!!
Instead I go to bed tonight still wondering and waiting and dreaming.....
To quote my nephew S. "meh".

3 comments:

mario said...

When it comes to technical translation, it is always advisable to use a professional technical translation in order to have a true and accurate translation. The best would be to have a translator who is a linguist and a technician with a field of expertise at the same time.Luckily, I can't see machines taking over the jobs of human translators in the near future, as they have done with so many other professions.

Catherine said...

Today? Dare you dream that today will be Grace day? Praying for you. ((hugs)) friend. Hoping and praying that today will be Grace day!

Suzanne said...

thanks for the advice Mario, but I don't actually have a choice which organization I use to translate. My agency chooses where the files go.