I've been waiting...

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Somewhere on the Other Side of the World

Since referrals are expected to be mailed in the next couple of weeks, it is quite certain that the CCCWA  is busy matching files right now as I write this post.  Well, ok, maybe not right now, as it's the middle of the night there and they are probably sleeping, but during their work day.... I'm sure they are busy!!
It's really a complicated but amazing feeling to think that somewhere, on the other side of the world, someone is looking at my picture and matching me with a baby, a child they think would be just perfect for me.  Our two photos will be paper-clipped together and put in an envelope, initiating a relationship that will last the rest of my life.    

2 comments:

Catherine said...

So cool! To think that even at this moment Grace's picture might be clipped next to yours...just like her little heart is already beating within your heart!

The Redhead said...

Whoo, you gave me chills :)
How very exciting. How mind boggling that something as simple as paper clip is like an umbilical cord, connecting the two of you together as mother and child! Very Exciting indeed!!!