I've been waiting...

Sunday, June 10, 2012

Are We There Yet? Are We There Yet?

Are we there yet?   Are we there yet?  Are we there yet?   Are we there yet?  Are we there yet?   Are we there yet?  Are we there yet?   Are we there yet?


Yep, that's me.  The annoying kid in the backseat of the car.


Yesterday I was fortunate enough to get a good dose of baby. Hopefully that will keep me going until I hear something. I met a couple back in the Fall at an adoption preparation workshop.  At that point they were expecting their referral very soon and we sort of got acquainted over the two days of the workshop.  Since then, they have received their referral, travelled to China and have been home for a few months now.  Spur of the moment, I went to visit with them yesterday to see the baby for the first time.  All I can say is....B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L!!!!!  She was SO cute, just starting to walk on her own, reaching out for things and handing me her toys.  I had brought a little gift for her and her mother mentioned that she loved to open presents and that we'd wait till she woke up to open the gift.  Well, her delighted giggle told it all.  She loves to open presents!!  I can't wait till our babies can play together!


We have a shower today for my sister and her newborn little K.  Can't wait!  I love getting my baby fix from him too.  He's so much more alert now, looking around while you cuddle him.  So, I think that will hold me over for a couple more weeks!  Once I get my own referral pictures though, look out!  I may be that impatient kid again!

2 comments:

Catherine said...

LOL! I think this is one of those times when I totally understand the 'Are we there yet? Are we there yet?' excitement and it's exciting rather than annoying!

YES...You're almost there!!!

Anonymous said...

The suspense of "when" is killing me. I don't know how you hold it together so gracefully, but you make it look good! Hurry up, baby!

XO

Nilia